8 Amazing Facts about Your Face. Number 5 is Hilarious!
Have you ever stared at the mirror and wonder how your entire face works? Like those facial expressions, distinct characteristics, and many attention-grabbing details.
If we are not aware of it, our face is one of the most complex parts of the body. It reveals so much about us – what we’re feeling and thinking. Believe it or not, there’s something special about it. Learn more about your face with these 8 surprising facts:
- Did you know that we are capable of making 10,000 unique facial expressions? If you think you’ve used all the emojis from your keyboard, then you might be missing something. Aside from happiness, surprise, disgust, or anger, there’s actually a lot that you’re not conscious you’re actually doing. Imagine 10,000 facial expressions! How is it possible? Well, it’s one of the few wonders of the world.
- Exercise is vital for the whole body, including the face. Doing a facial exercise or massage helps tone and firm the skin on the face. Plus, it adds volume to and maintains a smooth surface, reducing the occurrence of sagged skin.
- Our face has the broadest range of muscular structure in the body. And most of these muscles are linked to our facial expressions. No wonder why we are capable of making thousands of varying facial emotions.
- Almost all of our facial expressions are symmetrical. Meaning, whether a person is looking at you at your left or right side, he/she can determine the expression from your face.
- Every split 1/25th of a second, we regularly make random facial expressions. Most of the time, these are the ones we cannot easily read. This may sound unbelievable, but it’s one of the greatest facts about our face. It really happens. We’re just subconscious about it.
- According to Paul Ekman on his groundbreaking research in the 60s, human expressions are not learned but are innate and universal. This means that we are born with the ability to generate different facial expressions. And it is not a unique skill – it is natural!
- You can distinguish a genuine smile from fake ones by looking at the movements around the eyes. You can tell that it is a genuine smile if the corners of your mouth are upward-turned and your eyelids narrow at the edges of your eyes. However, it is nearly impossible to fake a muscle movement. So, you can easily tell whether you’re emotions are genuine or not.
- The only muscles that are directly attached to the skin are known as mimetic facial muscles. They serve as the foundation on the face.
Aside from these facts, there are also some things about our face that we’re not mindful of. Because of our daily jobs as adults, we barely notice that we’re actually getting all the signs of early aging – dull skin, wrinkles, age spots, and more.
But don’t you worry because these things are entirely mendable. Yes, aging is pretty normal. But, we can do something to pause getting an older appearance.
With the help of IPL, you can regenerate all the radiance you’ve. Get rejuvenated with a gentle treatment without compromising most of your precious time.
- Princess Marasigan