How Does IPL Hair Removal Really Work?
When it comes to simple and easy hair removal systems, IPL is undeniably one of the latest trends today. Intense Pulsed Light technology promises to remove unwanted hair from almost any part of a patient’s body. Moreover, this method also aids to skin issues such as sun damage and acne. If you had grown tired of grabbing the tweezers or the razor over and over again, but you are also quite reluctant of trying out this treatment, perhaps you might want to find out first how IPL hair removal really works.
The Technology behind IPL
The Intense Pulsed Light hair removal system utilizes an advanced computer-controlled light tube which targets and damage hair follicles in a selective manner. It’s one of the most advanced technologies available on the market today. Once the skin condition and hair problem were detected, the light beam will then be produced. The filter will be selected into a specific range of wavelengths before the treatment is directed on the patient’s skin.
The controlled amount of energy from the light source will be taken up by the hair pigments under the skin, as well as by the blood vessels. The absorbed light will transform to heat energy which targets the melanin present in the hair. As the concentrated heat is being conveyed, the hair follicle will be destroyed, effectively leaving the surrounding tissues unharmed.
What Makes IPL a Highly Recommended Hair Removal Treatment?
While laser treatment is widely available today, the inception of IPL hair removal technology had brought plenty of good news to people who want to experience long-lasting hair removal results.
Here are some of the reasons why it is a sought-after procedure today:
- IPL treatment has no downtime or significant after-effects. Most clients describe feeling a slight tingly sensation which naturally goes away within a few hours. It means that a person who has undergone IPL can return to their normal routines immediately.
- IPL utilizes a novel pulse system that emits well-controlled energy to the skin. There are removable filters that modify the light beam as it passes which makes the procedure considerably gentler than laser hair removal system.
- Since IPL has multiple wavelengths, it targets a larger area of the skin. Hundreds of hair follicles are targeted and destroyed by each flash which significantly reduces the number of sessions a person has to undergo. The unwanted hairs will then fall out in two weeks.
- IPL works perfectly on men and women, and it can remove unwanted hair from any part of the body, most notably from the face, cheek, lip, chin, back, legs and bikini.
- The procedure is fast and efficient. Facial treatment usually requires ten minutes while an entire back, as well as both legs, typically need an hour and a half. Moreover, IPL is much more affordable than laser hair removal procedure.
- Of course, like any other advanced hair removal treatment, sun and chlorine exposure is prohibited in the first 4-5 days.
IPL hair removal technology aims to keep things simple and easy when it comes to beauty and hygiene routines. Aside from being an efficient method, it is also accessible and can be done in the comfort of your home. Now that you’ve found out how IPL really works, surely you’d know how to spend your time and money wisely.
- Princess Marasigan