If You’re Planning To Undergo Laser Skin Resurfacing, Read This First.
Flawless skin has been a standard of beauty for ages. Since body-shaming crop up among the society, more and more women are becoming more conscious of how they look in the eyes of their peers. To think that not everyone is fortunate enough to get the skin they aspire, you might be wondering how others make it a way to do a self-transformation.
All thanks to modernity that it has offered us a more convenient way to bring back the beauty that our skin lost. Available today are various skin treatments that help aid most of our skin concerns. Through continuous development, dull skin is now optional.
What causes damage to the skin?
We may not be aware, but most of our daily activities are triggering further damage to our skin. Aside from that, our bad habits and improper routines are also significant factors why we end up getting common to severe skin conditions. The following contribute to causes of skin damage:
- Lack of sleep – We all know how important a complete skin is. Not just it recharges our body energy, but it also regenerates the skin. If we lack sleep, we can expect our skin to appear pale, puffy, or ashen.
- Obsession with an exercise – Being engaged in too many physical activities can result in hormonal imbalance. Doing so leads to weaker bones, by which stronger bones are essential to stretch our skin. And having a tight skin makes us look younger.
- Vices – Cigarette smoking, too much alcohol intake, and other things that contain hazardous chemicals are also factors that affect our skin’s health.
- Stress – Being physically and emotionally-stressed ages our skin. It results in having the early signs of aging, such as wrinkles, fine lines, and age spots.
- Poor diet – What we consume reflects on our appearance. Having an unhealthy diet often results in some body issues that we might not want to see.
- Sun exposure – The sun releases harmful rays that have an adverse effect on our skin. Being too much exposed to it can prompt various skin conditions, including sunspots, burns, other signs of premature aging, and even skin cancer. As advised, we should always wear sunscreen every time.
Laser Skin Resurfacing
Laser skin resurfacing is one of the most advanced skin treatments available today. It helps reduce skin irregularities, such as wrinkles, blemishes, and acne scars. However, this treatment can be risky. More than just it may be pricey, there are some complications that you may encounter during the process:
- The appearance of small white bumps on the treated area that can last up to one month after the treatment. Gentle cleansing is recommended to help aid this side effect.
- Your skin may appear pigmented after the treatment – due to hyperpigmentation or hypopigmentation.
- Herpes simplex cold sore may reactivate after skin resurfacing in the portions around your mouth.
Are there any alternatives?
If natural methods and laser skin resurfacing won’t work for you, then you might want to know this IPL thing. Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) is today’s top choice when it comes to skin treatments. It is a handheld device that is safe to use at home. It can deal with several skin conditions that can help you prevent the signs of aging.
IPL is effective in rejuvenating the skin and removing unwanted hairs. Since it is a non-invasive procedure, you can enjoy a pain-free skin treatment. Plus, it is cheaper and more convenient compared to other treatments. Learn more about IPL System here.
- Princess Carla Marasigan