The Battle Between IPL and Laser Hair Removal Treatment: Pros and Cons
We are all concerned about our holistic wellness. It includes having a perfect tone of our body, internally and most especially, physically. And one of the main problems that we encounter (common to women) is the excessive growth of unwanted hair.
Excessive hair growth can be linked to Hirsutism. This condition is experienced by women who have lots of hair growing in places that normally happens to men; on the upper lip, chin, chest, and etc. The hair appears to be dark and coarse instead of the light fine that covers most of our body. It is often caused by genes, hormonal imbalance, or side effects of medications.
There are treatments that offer temporary solutions such as shaving, tweezing or threading, waxing, and creams. But eventually, people get fed up with all its short-term effects. In this case, you might want to consider these two permanent hair removal treatments that are emerging on the market today: IPL and Laser Hair Removal Treatment.
However, you might still encounter difficulties in choosing which treatment is better. In this article, we are going to do an overview of the pros and cons of IPL and Laser hair removal treatment. This may help you decide which hair removal treatment is best for you.
What is IPL Treatment?
IPL or Intense Pulsed Light treatment is a light-based therapy. It is a popular hair removal treatment that helps reduce unwanted hair growth. Its technology uses a broad spectrum high-intensity light that emits light at multiple wavelengths, more efficient compared to laser devices that emit only one single focused wavelength. IPL is usually cheaper than Laser treatments.
IPL is a highly effective way of removing hair permanently, but it may need more sessions of treatment to get absolute results. However, IPL works better because hair absorbs the light a lot better, especially to those with darker and thicker hair.
IPL Treatment: Pros
- The procedure is less painful than other hair removal treatments
- It is like using a strong light bulb that quickly destroys the root of the hair
- There’s no need to worry about timing treatments and hair growing back
- The treatment is precise and does not affect the skin
- Treatments take lesser time to do
- It is cheaper than laser hair removal
IPL Treatment: Cons
- IPL Treatment may not be as effective on white, light, or grey hairs as to those with darker hair
- Some conditions can get expensive (but there is an option for home treatment)
What is Laser Treatment?
Laser Hair Removal Treatment works by heating the hair follicles in order to stop new hair from growing. Its main difference is that it produces a single precise wavelength of light that goes a bit deeper into the skin to kill the roots of the hair follicles. Laser devices only target specific hair compared to IPL which target a large group all at once.
This treatment works best with individuals with dark and coarse hair but can also be effective in various hair colors. This treatment may cost you a larger amount so you might need to review its beneficial factors if it is worth an investment.
Laser Treatment: Pros
- Can often be permanent but may cause more sessions of treatment depending on your case
- It is fast
- It is precise
- Best suited to those with darker skin
Laser Treatment: Cons
- Laser treatment is not effective to those with very light and thin hair
- It can be too expensive
IPL and Laser Hair Removal Treatment are both great choices. However, there are several pros and cons with these two that we need to consider.
To summarize, if you prefer lowering your cost while getting the most out of it, IPL treatment will be a great choice.
- Tags: best hair removal process body hair removal body hairs excessive hair growth flawless skin hair removal hair removal technique Hair removal treatment hair-free body IPL IPL Hair Removal IPL Laser Hair Removal IPL treatment Laser Laser Hair Removal permanent hair removal Skin treatment unwanted hair growth
- Princess Marasigan