Frequently Asked Questions
What skin types work with IPL?
What body parts can I use IPL on?
- IPL can be used almost anywhere including arms, armpits, legs, face, back, bikini, belly, chest, and many other parts of your body.
What is the difference between IPL and laser?
- IPL - Use at home, Costs $300-$500, Use many times, No supervision, Pain-free, and Share with others.
- LASER - Can't use at home, Costs $800-$3200, Pay per session, Need supervision, Can be painful, and Can't share with others.
How does IPL work?
- Intense pulsed light weakens the hair follicle, removes the hair root, and stops hair regrowth.
How do I use the IPL system?
- Step 1 - Shave hair
- Step 2 - Tap once to turn on
- Step 3 - Select the energy level
- Step 4 - Session complete. Tap and hold to turn off.
How often do I use IPL?
- Week 1-4 (Use twice weekly)
- Week 5-8 (Use twice weekly)
- Week 9-12 (Use once weekly)
- Week 13-16 (Use once if needed)
When do I see IPL results?
- IPL hair removal results depend on many factors including hair and skin color. Most people see results after 8 weeks but may take 16 weeks depending on your skin tone and hair color.
Is there side effects with IPL?
- No, there are no common side effects with IPL hair removal and was approved by the FDA in 1995.
Is IPL painful?
- No, IPL hair removal is not painful. It is similar to a flashlight turning on and off on your skin.
Is IPL safe?
- Yes, IPL is very safe to use, QC certified, CE certified, and FDA approved.
When not to use IPL?
- You should not use IPL on tattoos, sunburns or sensitive skin areas.
Original Hena IPL Permanent Hair Removal System