Does IPL Or Laser Hair Removal Treatment Really Remove Hair Permanently?
Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) and Laser Hair Removal Treatments have the reputation of being safe and effective methods in removing unwanted hairs permanently. Some factions believe that they are the same, while others say it’s totally different. But whatever the rumors tell, the question here is “Do they really remove hair permanently?”
IPL and Laser Hair Removal are both light-based treatments. These methods are used to treat a variety of skin conditions, including unwanted hair growth. They use light to destroy hair follicles from the roots without damaging the skin. Through this process, hairs are removed permanently. However, new follicles may continue to develop over some time.
They are not literally permanent. As said, hair follicles continuously grow. What IPL and Laser treatment assure is a long-term solution. Hair will not be gone for a lifetime, but these treatments will help in body hair reduction. Compared to shaving or waxing, these modern-day methods are considerably more effective in unwanted hair removal.
Why does hair grow back even after permanent hair removal treatment?
There are certain reasons why hair grows back after using IPL or Laser hair removal methods. One factor that affects the treatment is the hormonal changes in the body. As women age, during the menopausal period or pregnancy, hair follicles may reactivate.
Hormonal imbalance can also speed up hair re-growth after the treatment. Some women who have polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) often suffer from excessive hair growth in unwanted areas, including the face. Hair re-growth can definitely be expected if these hormones (at high levels) are still present after a light-based treatment. Stabilizing your hormone while doing the IPL or Laser hair removal treatment can be the best way to achieve the desired result.
How long do results last?
Again, IPL and Laser Hair Removal treatments are not literally permanent. They only make the hair follicles to become more dormant for an extended period. So, hair re-growth can be expected post-treatment.
Hair will grow back depending on the intensity and the duration of the hair removal process. Although these methods do not promise permanent hair removal, you will still experience years of smooth and hair-free skin, especially if you are conducting maintenance of the treatment.
The effectiveness of IPL and Laser procedures may vary from person to person. But, the good thing is that you will see a visible reduction in your body hair growth. Furthermore, hair often grows thinner and patchier compared to your previous condition.
IPL or Laser: Which is a wiser choice?
Choosing which treatment is better can be confusing. Though IPL and Laser hair removal treatment share some similarities, there are still significant differences between them. Take these notes to help you decide:
- Most people find IPL treatments less painful compared to other hair removal methods.
- IPL treatments take less time. This is because of the broad-spectrum light that covers larger patches of hair.
- In the same reason, IPL is more effective in dealing with large target areas.
- Whether it may be a product or a service, IPL is usually cheaper than Laser.
- If you have dark skin, you might want to consider Laser treatment. Conversely, IPL shows better results to those with pale skin and light hair.
IPL and Laser hair removal can be done either at a clinic or at home. They both require several treatments to achieve the maximum results. They are proven safe and effective to reduce hair growth. However, you should not expect that hair will not grow at all as it is not really permanent --- but a long-term solution.
- Tags: At-home IPL Hair Removal best hair removal process best hair removal treatment body hair removal cheap hair removal procedure easy hair removal procedure easy hair removal system effective hair removal treatment hair removal device hair removal procedure hair removal process hair removal tips Hair removal treatment IPL benefits IPL device IPL Hair Removal
- Princess Marasigan