Is it Safe to Use Intense Pulsed Light System for Hair Removal at Home?
Since its inception way back in 1992, the IPL or Intense Pulsed Light technology had come a long way. Like any other innovative method, this system had its fair share of fails and criticisms before the experts had perfected the art of delivering its prime objective. Over the years, IPL had been proven effective for treating a variety of skin and medical conditions such as hemangiomas, facial and leg telangiectasias and venous and capillary malformations. But above all these, one benefit of IPL that had caught the attention of many is its effectiveness when it comes to hair removal.
From a Clinical Procedure to a User-friendly Hair Removal System
While the experts had started using Intense Pulsed Light in the early 90s, it was only in 1997 when the first-ever IPL machine intended for hair removal was released. It had taken quite a bit for the medical experts to ensure the safety and effectiveness of this treatment. They also carried out various experiments to find out if it can provide long-lasting results. After almost three years of conducting further researches and clinical trials, the experts have concluded that IPL is indeed a proven system that can help people get rid of their unwanted hair in the most natural and most comfortable ways possible.
Like any other medical technology, it was highly recommended in the past to get the treatment only from licensed clinic and professionals. Moreover, the experts advised that people have varying skin types and proper knowledge of one’s condition is needed before undergoing treatment. However, as the world heads toward innovation, more and more medical experts and innovators had dedicated their time in improving the IPL system. Today, they have come up not only with IPL machines that are proven safe and effective for clinical use, but they have also designed IPL devices that can be used at home.
But while most experts support that Intense Pulsed Light technology can be used at home, they also warned the people to be mindful of the following factors:
First and foremost, let an expert check your skin and hair type as IPL treatment results vary depending on individual characteristics.
- Look for IPL devices that have passed the international standards for light-based systems.
- Ask a professional for recommendations or check reviews from high-trusted sources.
- Take the necessary precautions by researching more about how IPL system works.
- Determine the size of the IPL device that you need. You also have to consider the body parts where you want to get rid of unwanted hair so you can choose the most suitable machine head.
- Check the features and functionality as well as the reputation of the manufacturer.
- Follow the instructions and seek help right away should you experience weird after effects.
- Keep in mind that you can’t get results within a single treatment. Experts recommend undergoing 8-12 sessions before noticing a satisfactory difference.
Intense Pulsed Light technology is one of the most popular methods for hair removal today. While there are tons of IPL products available that will allow you to get rid of your unwanted hair from the comfort of your own home, you must never forget that your safety is your prime responsibility. Be sure to keep the above tips in mind or just visit an IPL professional for your grooming needs.
- Princess Marasigan