What To Do After IPL Hair Removal Treatment?
There are common side effects that may appear after IPL Hair Removal treatment. These include redness and slight swelling on the area around the hair follicle. However, these side effects usually disappear 1-2 days after each treatment session.
These side effects are more evident during the first sessions when the hair is thicker and coarser. But after several sessions, the hair will start to thin out which causes these side effects to become less noticeable.
It is normal to feel some sensations in the treated area every after IPL Hair Removal treatments. If you are doing the procedure in clinics, the practitioner will give you instructions on what to do post-treatment. But if you are doing the treatment at home, you might want to consider following these tips below.
After IPL Hair Removal Treatment
- The most important thing to do after IPL hair removal treatment is to avoid direct sun exposure. If there are situations that will involve you outdoors, make sure that your skin is protected with a high-quality sunscreen. It is advised to apply sunscreen all the time to avoid major complications.
- Wear loose clothing (cotton clothing is better)
- Don’t get too excited about the results. Most importantly, do not tweeze or pull out the hairs because they will naturally fall out.
- Apply a high-quality repair moisturizer to the treated area to soothe your skin.
- Don’t touch the skin in the treatment area
- For the meantime, avoid sunbeds because it will expose the treated area to the sun.
- Three days after the treatment, it is recommended to exfoliate your skin.
- Don’t use skin products that contain harsh chemicals. Stay away AHAs or retinol for at least 3 days before and after the treatment.
- Avoid excessive physical activities such as exercise to avoid irritation. Stay away from the gym (while you are still under treatment).
- It is better to avoid swimming in chlorinated water for at least 24 hours. Avoid the pool, steam room, sauna, and Jacuzzi.
- And of course, don’t skip on treatments if you want to maximize the result of IPL on your hair.
Your safety depends on you
When it comes to hair removal, IPL is something you can rely on. For years, it has established its name in terms of safety and effectiveness. This new technology has filled the hopes of the people who are suffering from unwanted hair growth. Through the help of this light-based treatment, many lives have changed. A number of successful cases claim that they are able to attain a smooth and hair-free body like they never had before. All thanks to the innovation brought by technology.
However, your safety with IPL will depend on you. You will never get into trouble if you practice safety measures before, after, and during your IPL hair removal treatment. Whether you’re doing it professionally or at home, it is very essential to follow all post-treatment instructions to prevent any unfavorable skin reactions.
- Tags: best hair removal process excessive hair growth flawless skin hair removal hair removal procedure hair removal process Hair removal treatment hair-free body IPL IPL Hair Removal IPL hair removal treatment IPL treatment permanent hair removal safe hair removal process Skin treatment unwanted body hairs unwanted hair growth
- Princess Marasigan