What You Need To Know Before IPL Hair Removal Treatment
There is a constant desire for us to have flawless skin. We don’t want those stretch marks, wrinkles, fine lines, and most especially those excessive body hair growth that makes us self-conscious.
Circulating around the web are questions on how to permanently remove that unwanted hair. However, people end up doing the same routine (shaving, waxing, and etc.) that only provides temporary relief. The good news is that innovation in technology never stops making its way in finding the best solution for this problem.
Cosmetic and medical practitioners have been using Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) technology to treat various skin conditions for aesthetic and therapeutic purposes, including hair removal. Its technology uses a high-powered, hand-held, computer-controlled device to deliver an intense, visible, broad-spectrum pulse of light that destroys the hair follicles in their target area. IPL Hair Removal Treatment is an effective solution in wiping all those unwanted hair on our body.
But still, there are things you need to consider before engaging in an IPL treatment.
IPL Hair Removal Treatment: Do’s and Don’ts
Before the treatment,
- Make sure to avoid sun exposure and tanning practices four weeks before your appointment.
- Stay away from aspirin and ibuprofen one week before your treatment. It is advisable to inform your doctor if you are regularly taking those medications.
- Also, if you are taking Accutane (oral acne medication) or other medications, it’s better to tell your doctor.
- Avoid alcohol two days prior to the treatment.
- Remove makeup or creams
- Prepare ice packs that can be used after your treatment
After the treatment,
- Don’t be alarmed if your skin will appear pinkish that may resemble a mild sunburn
- Apply a cold compress after the treatment
- In some cases, makeup may be applied to cover redness
These notes are very crucial to attain the maximum result you are expecting. As an addition to these recommendations, avoid your habit of plucking and waxing. IPL treatment works by targeting the dark pigment around the hair follicle, so it’s unnecessary to pluck or wax the treated area for at least four weeks before your appointment.
Following this pre and post care routine will significantly reduce the risk of experiencing side effects. Bu taking considering these precautions, you’ll be sure to get the most out of your IPL Hair Removal Treatment.
What To Expect on IPL Hair Removal Treatment?
There are numerous benefits that you can get by choosing IPL as your hair removal treatment. Compared to other methods, IPL provides:
- Quick and easy procedure
Since IPL targets a broader coverage, treatment can be faster that may only take about ten to fifteen minutes for a specific area.
- No unpleasant hair re-growth
Though there may be instances that hair will re-grow, it will not look horrid as the hair becomes lighter and finer.
- No Ingrown hair
Ingrown hair is commonly experienced by individuals who use waxing and shaving methods. IPL avoids this risk so that you will be sure to see a better result.
Bear in mind that it is not enough to just have a right choice of hair removal treatment. Knowing the safety precautions and proper medical advice is essential to see the result you desire.
- Princess Marasigan